Deep thoughts

A couple more doodles to brighten your day…



I’m more Grace than Pete on this one.


Little break from Grace & Pete.

Song stuck in your head yet?


Such empathy…


This woman emerged in my doodling session tonight, while listening to Portishead, Bettie Serveert, etc.

Counseling a turkey


I submitted this to The New Yorker about 10 days ago. Since I haven’t heard back and we are now post-Thanksgiving, I’m assuming they didn’t see it in time, and I’m sharing it with you. I’m getting rejection notices more quickly but don’t think I’m on their radar to “jump the line” and have my submissions evaluated before they come up in the queue.

These are nervous times…


Here’s a Thanksgiving cartoon from two years ago, back in the “black and white” days of whiteouts. It was fun to add some color.

Of course, it’s not just the turkeys who need a non-anxious presence these days.

The power of ice cream

8-25-16 momentum

A newer declined New Yorker cartoon. The next few you’ll see I am still learning how to use the Monoprice Drawing Tablet–as evidenced by the pixilation.

I read the phrase “positive emotional momentum” somewhere and this is the result. I like that she’s trying to explain her double scoop cone to a pigeon.


December 28, 2014

12-28-14 lego014 - color

My nephew posts funny pictures of himself on Instagram wearing a Lego head in various locales under the handle legoman_iac. If you’re so inclined, check him out and follow him. He asked me to do a Legoman cartoon and this is what I came up with. My first idea was to do something with a Lego lady involving the song “brickhouse” but when one looks closely at those lyrics…

Anyway…enjoy. 🙂

March 3, 2014

March 3, 2014

90% of men wish they could grow a Magnum P.I.-era Tom Selleck mustache. The other 10% are lying.